December 15, 2021

Strengths for Jobs

 If you know your signature strengths, your super powers, you will look, sound and feel like a winner to your future employers.


Exercise: Strengths

So, ask yourself the following questions and come up with a list of your top five to ten strengths:

What am I the best at?

What do others say I'm good at? (In a lot of ways, this is more important than what you think of yourself.)

What does my job require me to be good at?

What matters at the job and do I have the right skills to excel?

What skills do I need to have to get me my next promotion or raise -- whether it's where I'm working now or somewhere else?

What else do I need to know to get to the next level in a career here or at any other company?

Am I playing to my strengths in team settings and making my team more successful?

Do my co-workers and managers know what my strengths are and do they see them as contributing to the team's success?

Are my strengths being underutilized? If so, why, and what can I do about it?

PROMOTE YOURSELF, page. 34

Now answer each question as completely as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tip for Job Search: Gold Rush Skills

  If you need to make some money very quickly, what would you do? Your answer points to the kind of problems you can solve. They give you so...