January 1, 2022

A Job Search Tip: Get-Hired Equation

 The technique is called "Get-Hired Equation." Need I say more?

Exercise: Get-Hired Equation

To give yourself the best shot at an interview, it pays to be one step ahead of the competition and show the interviewer your prowess in innovation. This exercise helps you to pair what you have to offer with the needs of the company and highlights to the company the benefits of fining you to elevate their product, service or operation.

When you are asked to tell your story or explain why you applied for the job in an interview, pick out the key elements of your professional achievements that are relevant to what they desire and are looking for.

X   *   Y   x   Z   =  GET  HIRED

My experience in X (sector/industry/job role) means --- I can bring Y (skills/strengths/ knowledge) x my desire to help you meet Z( goals/agenda/targets/fill the gap)   =  GET  HIRED

X = I've spent 10 years working in this field.

Y =I bring the best retail sales skills for dealing with various types of international customers.

Z = The impact of online shopping has meant decreased in-store customers, so you will need to create a better experience especially for international customers. I believe you can change this by doing ABC and I know Mandarin. I would Help you raise sales by X per cent.

Here i is an example from one of my clients: 'My experience in tech PR with brands like Xerox and Etsy and then for my own start-up, means that I can distil and unpack: these success strategies to help new tech brands achieve the same results on smaller budgets.'

Now, create your own 'Get-Hired' equation, which will help you to showcase succinctly your value at every interview you attend.

"Love It, or Leave It", page. 168


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tip for Job Search: Gold Rush Skills

  If you need to make some money very quickly, what would you do? Your answer points to the kind of problems you can solve. They give you so...