Let's see how Apple secures its secrets and how we can keep our secrets too.
- Physical barriers to access.
- Physical isolation.
- Physical detection.
- Threat of reprisal e.g. you get no more business from Apple, law suits, arrests, etc
- Secure the weakest links, esp, your suppliers.
- "protect even the smallest details" Results: invaders have to filter out what is valuable and what isn't.
- Divide and Conquer: "Information is assiduously guarded and handed out only on a need-to-know basis". And forgo "the convenience of one-stop shopping" but "often minutely divvy up projects."
- Make leaks very obvious: "give contract manufacturers different products."
- "do as many things in-house."
- "A tight-lipped ethos."
- Timeliness : "bring suppliers in at the absolute last minute - sometimes just weeks before the rumoured launch"
Please let us know if you have new, different ways of security.