Get the Powers to Act from Fresh Ideas



December 5, 2013

Kumon Method -- How Many Worksheets?

A few weeks ago, I was reading books on Kumon Method. At the back of a book, they showed a sample curriculum for Math and English for North American continent.

In particular, I checked to see how many worksheets they used per year and per subject. And I noticed that moving in English from very simple sentences to rather elaborate sentences took about 400 sheets times 5 years plus 200 sheets times 1 year. It totalled to 2200 worksheets.

I couldn't help recalling how I had journeyed across that distance with nothing more than 6 or 7 A-4-size grammar notes of my own, based on a few grammar books I read in those days.

Do we need 2200 or do we need 20 worksheets?

1 comment:

  1. We are releasing these exercises so that students who cannot come to our classes can also benefit. Our teaching methods are battle-tested and proven to be really useful.

    http://english3day.appspot.com/mcq?name=mcq1

    ReplyDelete