T 13Name the steps.
T 14Make what you write on board look like what you want your students to write down in their books.
Model good note-taking behavior.
T 16 : Break It Down
- Provide an example.
- Provide a context.
- Provide a rule.
- Provide a missing step or a first step.
- Roll back.
- Eliminate wrong choices.
T 23 and 24Groupwise recall, review, chorus, reinforcement.
ReadingUsing your skills with vocabulary and grammar, you decode and deposit some facts and ideas into your short-term memory.
Skills levels :
words, phrases, sentences --> paragraphs --> essay/chapter/article, book, topic/theme
1. Provide some context or background knowledge.
2. Alert them to focal points, like a tour guide.
3. Front-load, that is, introduce key scenes in advance as in movie ads/trailers.
2. Solve bit by bit. Don't let problem or difficulty pile up.