What Parents Can Do?
1. Set up a study routine for the kids.
2. Convince them of reality and real life.
If You Must Cram
- Set realistic goals. Be modest, don't be greedy, ambitious.
- Go for selective depth, not breadth.
- Use mnemonics.
- Decide when to go to sleep. Get up early.
- In the exam room, write down things during the first few minutes.
Taking Notes during Class
- What is unknown to you?
- What does the teacher emphasize?
- Examples and demonstrations.
- Sort: relationships between the points.
- Read the questions at the end of a chapter. Ask why you should read this?
- Ignore repetitions.
- Slow down with the new.
- Focus on what is highlighted.
- Maps, photos, drawings etc are key.
- Get the big picture:
- Rephrase the headings.
- Read the introductions and the first few sentences.
- Answer your initial questions, those question you asked yourself before you started reading.
- Write down summary notes.
free associate to generate new ideas --> organize --> write, leaving some spaces --> correct/edit
Exam Room, Exam Time
1. Read the whole question paper.
2. Mark the easy ones you intend to tackle.