- Learn constantly.
- Set right targets: either money-making or fame.
- Pursue your goals boldly: mitigation of the worst possible plus assertiveness.
- Pursue your goals with sufficient mass/force.
- Grow your tribe: with consensus, for information or knowledge.
Parenting1. Expect high standards from your kids.
2. Nurture strong egos, high self-esteem.
----- Build close relationship with them.
----- Delay their independence.
----- Reward venturing.
----- If you have to scold/punish them, let them recover quickly. Don't let them internalize pressure.
If this is very obvious, that's the author's genius.
If it's not that obvious in the book , but obvious only in my summary, maybe that's my genius. Even when I don't add my own insight etc, I make stuffs a lot clearer, and simpler.