How do you uncover your strengths that have paying customers?
I suggest helpfulness.
When I was young, I was very very dumb, short-sighted and narrow-focused. I charged everyone for my lessons, including my close friends, except my brothers and sisters.
However, even in those days, I helped free for short- term or one-off services. Any stranger could come into our Department and walk through my doors and ask for my help. I had never turned them away.
When you can help someone for free:
- You prove to yourself that you are expert in this area.
- You prove to the world that you can get customers for such services.
- You increase your odds that you tie your wagon to young Carnegie, rising Sim Wong Hoo, or still poor Zuckerburg.
- Helping already rich people gets you good money.
- Helping soon-to-be rich people gets you great money.