Why Vocational Training?
- New technologies happen, and spawn new industries. e.g Robotics, Big Data
- Workers need to acquire new skills to "manage robots and analytic products."
How We Can Do Vocational Training
- Vocational education can provide "critical thinking skills" too.
- We need to digitize vocational learning.
Possible Digitization Tools
- demonstration videos
- interactive games
- "haptic touch sensors"
- holographic and gestural interfaces
My Concern 1
Somewhere in some MIT Technology review articles, I've read that humans should specialize in what machines could not do:
- Taking initiative, this includes entrepreneurship as well
- Asking/ formulating the questions, defining the problems to solve
- Programming the machines since they cannot program themselves right now or in near future
My Concern 2
Then, I 'am a bit worried about costs in producing educational games, simulations etc.