The Usual Ways about Making Brands
USP (unique selling proposition)?
Why would customers buy from me?
Even More Simpler
Joe Girard: Would I buy from me?
Guy Kawasaki: Develop for the customer of one, i.e. yourself.
Why Would I Buy from Me?
Not when I promote weakly.
You can read this guy like an open book. Weak promotion reveals as clearly as daylight that he doesn't see his own product as very useful or as a very good value.
Yes, when I promote persistently. My Reasons will be:
- He's lazy. His products will be very convenient for me.
- He's very kind. His kindness overcomes his laziness. Thus laziness results not in sloppy, shoddy, shady products but short, sweet, sharp products. In other words, maybe "half-products, but not half-assed products".(Echoing a director from Google as quoted in Business 2.0)
- He's very kind. His kindness overcomes his stinginess. He will give me more than I pay for.
- He's very kind. He already understands my needs very well or he will very quickly.
- He's very kind. He won't teach me a thing he himself doesn't know really well.
In conclusion: I will buy from me because my products will be
- convenient in terms of price, use, place, brain-effort, stress, image etc.